Welcome to our next great group sew, Strip Along 2020!
This time we're going to pull 2 1/2" strips and some background to make a Strip To Shore quilt. As you can see from the details we will spread out this Strip Along over the course of 3 weeks. Each step will take place during Facebook Friday in my group Gudrun's Quilt Crew on Facebook, 3PM CDT. While I don't usually share Facebook Friday episodes because the Crew is a closed group, I will post these Strip Along episodes on my YouTube Channel and under the Video Tab on my website.
Watch the first Facebook Friday episode here to see what tools I will be using, the various quilt options that I'm offering for this Strip Along, and to see my fabric selection.
Show me those fabric pulls! Post them on my Facebook page, in the Crew or on Instagram with #stripal2020. I can't wait to see what you make.
April 3rd 2020
Watch the second Facebook Friday episode HERE in Gudrun's Quilt Crew and HERE on YouTube to see the cutting for the blocks, using a variety of different tools and the two versions, Original and Simplified.
April 10th 2020
Watch the second Facebook Friday episode HERE in Gudrun's Quilt Crew and HERE on YouTube to see the cutting for sashing and setting triangles, using a variety of different tools and the two versions, Original and Simplified.
April 17th 2020
Things to know & quick links ~
- Strip to Shore pattern is currently 50% off in the Shop and can be purchased either as a PDF or as a paper copy until April 17th HERE.
- Optional layout fabric requirements can be found HERE.
- DO NOT cut background fabrics until watching this Facebook Friday episode, April 3rd.
- Cutting adjustment sheet can be found HERE.
- Half Hexagon Stripology Chart can be found HERE.
- Cutting sheet for sashing and setting can be found HERE.
- Stripology XL Triangle chart for 30º triangles can be found HERE.
- Stripology Ruler Quarter Cuts Chart can be found HERE.
- Gudrun's Quilt Crew on Facebook
- GE Designs YouTube Channel
Share this post
- 24 comments
- Tags: Fabric Strips, ge designs, GEasy Point Trimmers, gudrun erla, Jellyroll quilt, Quilt Along, Strip along, Strip Along 2020, Strip to Shore quilt, stripal2020, Stripology XL Ruler, Tipsy Tuesday