Fabric pull fun!!!
Are you joining Bonnie Hunter and making a Grassy Creek Mystery quilt? Or maybe planning to quilt along with Terry Atkinson? Here are my fabric pulls for the fictional quilts I'll be creating, as shown during Happy Friday, November 6, 2020. To hear why I chose these colors, click on the link to Happy Friday below.
Happy Friday, November 6, 2020 on GE Designs YouTube channel, HERE.
Bonnie Hunter has released her colors for the upcoming Grassy Creek Mystery Quilt. You can see in the first photo the five colors she will be using. I will be not joining in but I always love, love, love pulling fabrics so here's what I came up with after a quick walk through of our Fabric by the Yard area of the warehouse. I have linked the products for you following each photo. For more info about the quilt along, HERE is a link to Bonnie's blog post.
- Thatched Cream 36
- Thatched Crimson 43
- Solana Thatched Clementine 138
- Solana Thatched Sprout 135
- Thatched Shadow 117
- Solana Thatched Buttercup 133
- Spectrastatic Dust 9248 L1 - 1 YARD CUT from Andover Fabrics
- Spectrastatic Dust 9248 L1 - 3 YARD CUT from Andover Fabrics
- Holiday Treats Red Dots 9493 R from Andover Fabrics
- Dimples Persimmon 1967 O14 from Andover Fabrics
- Floral Elements Lettuce 527 from Art Gallery Fabrics
- Grunge Lead 309 from Moda Fabrics
- Nature Elements Mimosa 105 from Art Gallery Fabrics
For the rebels amongst us, an entirely different colorway! It's always okay to use fabrics that make you happy, recommendations are just that. This is how I would substitute for red, orange, green, charcoal and yellow:
- Spectrastatic Tar 9248 L - 1 YARD CUT from Andover Fabrics
- Spectrastatic Tar 9248 L - 3 YARD CUT from Andover Fabrics
- Redux Calypso Polaris T1 from Andover Fabrics
- Bumbleberries Soft Sea 227 from Lewis & Irene
- Speckled Metallic Citron 65M from Moda Fabrics
- Circle Burst Charcoal 999 by Wilmington Prints
- Nature Elements Ripe Plus 121 from Art Gallery Fabrics
Terry Atkinson's quilt along will be held on her Facebook page, look for her there to follow along. She recommends fat quarters, so I would check out the these two colorful Fat Quarter bundles. She will also be demonstrating how to use my GEasy Point Trimmers for the folded corners in her pattern. If you haven't yet watched my Stripology 101 tutorial using the Point Trimmers, that link is below, too.
- Left, Nature Elements Fat Quarter Stash Builder Bundle
- Right, Thatched Fat Quarter Stash Builder Bundle
- GEasy Point Trimmers