Stripology Mixology 2 Fabric Guide
You have your shiny new book and you've read it cover to cover. Maybe you even mixed a cocktail to sip while reading? You've narrowed down your Must Do list and finally settled on your first project. Ah, but there's a hitch, you've fallen in love with the fabric. I can't promise the fabrics are still available but I'll do my best to answer "what fabric did you use to make...." I've even offered suggestions based on what we have in the Shop.
- JoJo - I pulled fabric from my own collection, to get a similar look try our Colette Stash Builder Bundle. Any bundle would make a great JoJo, it's a blank canvas, so to speak. Try the By the Sea Stash Builder Bundle.
- Sammy - another fabric pull from my collection, I think these options would be great: the Balboa Stash Builder Bundle's subdued, calming colors would be beautiful, the Sea Botanica Stash Builder Bundle would make any ocean lover's dream come true, while both the Andover Collective Stash Builder Bundle and the Kaffe Fassett Cool Stash Builder Bundle would be stunning.
- Octavia - I used fabrics from the Naughty or Nice fabric line by BasicGrey for Moda. Luckily, we have the Naughty or Nice Layer Cakes in stock!
- Athena - The Blues Stash Builder Bundle and either The Blues Ivory or Thatched Cream would make a beautiful background. I used one of the mid-tone blues for the border, The Blues Blue would be comparable in color.
- Milky Way - I pulled strips from my own fabric collection. If you need red and blue, we keep the Shades of Red Stash Builder Bundle and In the Navy Stash Builder Bundles in stock. The fabrics in these two bundles may vary but they're always gorgeous! And how about the Century White Stars for a little extra shine?
- Honey - I used fabrics from the Bee Grateful Stash Builder Bundle for the quilt in the book and made another quilt out of fabrics from the Daybreak Stash Builder Bundle. This version is hanging to the left of me during Tipsy Tuesday episode #77, here's a LINK for you.
- Jackie - for the background I used Canvas Charcoal and for the jacks, Stratosphere Stash Builder Bundle.
- Field of Flowers - I pulled most fabrics from my fabric collection for the background. You'll recognize some Solana flowers and a Grunge background. I'd suggest a Solana Charm pack, Grunge Lead, and we have many chartreuse and green colors options in the Shop, Natural Elements Moss, Thatched Chartreuse. The Kaffe Fassett Warm Stash Builder Bundle would make a bright Field of Flowers too!
- Angler's Choice - this sparkly Rainbow Shimmer Indigo background was a winner. I've heard fish are lured in by shiny things. LOL! I pulled favorite reds, corals, greens and whites from my strip collection for the lures.
- Harmony 2 - more colorful strips from my collection are set off against the Spectrastatic Gunmetal background. Prismachrome Stash Builder Bundle has plenty of colors.
- Spinning Daisies - for this lovely quilt I used a white background and strips from my collection. I think Canvas Whitewash or any of the Century Whites paired with the Kaffe Fassett Warm Stash Builder Bundle would be fabulous. If purple flowers are your favorite, the Midnight Hydrangea Stash Builder Bundle we have on pre-order and the Lupine Stash Builder bundles would be lovely.
- Wanda - I used fabrics from the Midnight Magic fabric line for my Halloween themed quilt. The Midnight Magic Mist diagonal plaid would be a fabulous option if you have Halloween fabrics to use. I'm thinking we have a number of fabrics in the Shop or on their way that I would use to make a non-seasonal quilt, Cider Stash Builder Bundle and On the Farm Stash Builder Bundle to name two.
I truly hope you're enjoying your new book. If you want a refresher pairing fabrics and patterns check out my Matchmaking Series that aired during Tipsy Tuesdays, episodes 66, 68,69, 70 and 71. Click HERE to find a Tipsy Tuesday Index.