Who's up for a Quilt Along? The first of the year and the first from Stripology Mixology 2 begins next week!! I'm excited to start the Wanda Quilt Along during each of the following Tipsy Tuesdays. I hope you'll join me at 7PM CST on GE Designs Facebook page or on my YouTube channel. Episodes will be available for streaming after the live shows air and can be found on those pages as well as on the website under the Video tab and here in this blog post.
There's no sign up, all you need is the Stripology Mixology 2 book and fabric. You can find Stripology Mixology 2 at your local quilt shop or online in paper and E-book formats.
- January 12
- January 19
- January 26
- February 2
- Stripology Mixology 2 Paper
- Stripology Mixology 2 E-book
- Wanda Fabric requirements - Corrections page
January 19 ~ Part Two: Block B
- Aligning & cutting
- Partial seams (clockwise)
January 12 ~ Part One: Block A
- Dividing your lights/darks
- Sewing & cutting pairs
- Partial seams (it's easier than you think!)
- Squaring up
- NOTE: cutting instructions are correct as printed in the pattern
Fabric Selection & Prepping for the QAL
I've talked a bit about fabric choices and prepping during Tipsy Tuesday, December 15, 2020, Episode #82 and December 22, 2020, Episode #83. The videos are below. There are a few things to keep in mind as you select fabric:
- Nine patch is created from equal number of light and dark 5" squares
- Background should be different in color/value from your 5" squares in order to set off your 5" squares in the 9 patch
- Sashing fabric is an opportunity to make a statement! Try a stripe or diagonal for added movement.
As you know, I love to make fictional quilts so I pulled a number of Stash Builder bundles and pre-cuts that we have in stock and matched them fabrics from our 1 Yard collection. What do you think? (Click on the name of the fabric to go to the product page)
For more fabrics, check out our collection of 5" Squares & Charm Packs HERE.
Tipsy Tuesday, December 15, 2020 Wanda Quilt Along introduction ~
Tipsy Tuesday, December 22, 2020 Wanda Quilt Along - preparing for the Quilt Along ~
Share this post
- Tags: Wanda QAL