Fussy Cutting for everyone!
Fussy cutting isn't hard if you have the right tools and a little patience. As you know, I love to create projects that look 100% harder than they actually are. Well, fussy cutting a few panels or special fabrics and adding them into a quilt does just that. It's magical!
First, you'll need the right tools:
- Stripology Squared Ruler for larger focus areas up to 12 1/2" square
- Stripology Squared Mini Ruler for areas up to 6 1/2" square
- GEasy Ruler Stickers are a must have! Tropical Brights and/or Fruity Fiesta colors
Next, you need to decide on a project for that special fabric and an idea of how big your area of focus will be. I've created a list of my patterns and what size blocks are used to help you decide.
Finally, a quick tutorial:
See, I told you it was a snap. Here is another photo of my Emma quilt with fussy cut blocks added. You don't have to re-invent a pattern to feature a favorite fabric. These simple techniques take a great quilt and make it fabulous!!
- Emma quilt pattern in Paper and PDF
- Curiouser & Curiouser Daydream Stash Builder Bundle
- Curiouser & Curiouser Wonder Stash Builder Bundle
- Alice & Queens Stash Builder Bundle
- Alice 1 Yard Cuts
- The Red Queen 1 Yard Cuts